Saturday, September 12, 2009

World Food Exposition (Wofex) 2008

AN ANNUAL event organized by Premier Events Plus Group (PEP Group) Inc., Wofex 2008 (8th International Exposition on Worldwide Food & Beverage, Technologies and Machineries), was held at the World Trade Centre from August 6 to 9, 2008.

Having joined and done several culinary demonstrations on food expositions all over the Philippines the past several years, this was a first for me because I presented not just one but two exciting shows during the first 2 days of the exhibit.

I was invited by PSG Home Products Distribution Corporation to do basic chocolate molding using CK Products on the first day using Dutche Chocolates.

PSG has been a distributor of various bakeware products in the Philippines for the past 10 years. ONEIDA is one of them and quality CK Products from the USA another.

Having done a similar demo during last year's Mindanao Culinary Festival in Davao City, I found out that several new products have been added to their repertoire of quality products recently.

The presence of Ms. Jocelyn, Ms. Beth, & Mr. Mike made my experience with them more unforgettable! They were truly one of a kind!

The chocolates from Dutche were delicious, many thanks to Mr. Ricki of Valmarce Foods.

Marca Leon Oil (of Limketkai & Sons, Inc), c/o Ms. Tina, also invited me to do a four-hour cooking and baking demonstration at the main stage again the following day.

It was again a wonderful experience showcasing Marca Leon's quality corn and vegetable oil, shortening, margarine, vinegar, soy sauce and polenta, their newest "baby"!

Having just done Culinary Fusion with Chef Ed (Part 4) four days earlier at the Grand Caprice Restaurant and Convention Center in Cagayan de Oro City, it was easy for me to pull out recipes and do the same thing, but in a bigger venue!

Marca Leon being one of my passionate and devoted sponsors of the exhibit the past many years, I am so overwhelmed by their unending support for all my culinary activities.

Dishes and baked goodies prepared on the spot were tasted by the enthusiastic audience.

Several quality products from participating companies were also raffled off and these include Marca Leon, Mega Sardines & HoBe Bihon.

I would also personally thank Mr. Fermin of Uniforms@Work for the fantastic & marvelous chef's uniform and apron he gave me (!), Mr. Navin of Gurnamal & Sons together with Mr. Jason & his delightful friends for lending me their superior and excellent cookware, bakeware & plates, Mr. Nelson of Sweetlink for the incomparable Silicone Zone spatula, spoonula, chopping boards and bakeware, Mr. Mario & Mr. Winnie of Unicomm for their dark and aromatic cocoa powder, fantastic vivid whipping cream (their newest product!) and nuts, Mr. Tony of SinMag for the heavy duty mixer and cookware, Ms. Letty of New Hong Lee for the bakeware, the staff of Melawares for their colorful plates, PSG staff specially Mr. Mike and Chef Rodel for their invaluable assistance in the preparation of all the ingredients and materials used during my demo.

With such a short time, I was able to visit all the booths in the center but couldn't really admire all that was displayed because aside from being busy making new friends, I also exchanged pleasantries with a lot of old acquaintances who I haven't seen for ages! Mr. Eric and Ms. Cherry of Equilibrium Intertrade Corporation was so nice in offering me delicious blended coffee during the fair.

Ms. Nancy Lumen Reyes of Cook's Magazine was busy doing a hands-on workshop so we just waved at each other!

Mr. Richard and Mr. Roger of Enzima International gave me samples of their healthy green and brown rice teas to drink and to take home!

I engaged in small talks with Mr. Manito of Actron, Mr. Benson of Prestige Plastics, Ms. Tan of Penco, Chef Antolin of CCA, Ms. Tess and Betsy Dilla, Ms. Tina of Davao City and many others.

I also met a lot of Kagay-anons during the trade fair enjoying small talks with the exhibitors.

The main exhibit area was not even enough since they have an extension area for the other exhibitors. Foods, beverages, packaging materials, culinary schools, food machineries and manufacturers, name it...they were all under one roof for the past four days! It was virtually a heaven for food processors, manufacturers, foodies and what-have-you!

Food sampling was all over the trade fair! From hopia to breads, from noodles to chocolates, from teas to coffees...there was just so much to eat and drink! No wonder this event is always jam-packed to the max! If only I can take home all of these, then I would probably just not take lunch and dinner anymore for a day or two!

Several talks, seminars, demonstrations, workshops, and the like were held all day at the different venues. Chefs, cooks, bakers, students, housewives and husbands, traders were seen enjoying and appreciating almost everything! I also noticed a lot of HRM students accompanied by their instructors attending most of the seminars and demonstrations.

But since I have to fly back home on the third day of the exhibit, I sorely missed the exhibitor's night, which was a blast, according to some of my friends! So much fun and with so much food! Well, maybe next year I would be able to join them!

To the organizers from Premier Events Plus Groups Inc., congratulations for a job well done! Kudos! And see you next year for another for fun-filled & tummy-filled days!

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/cag/2008/08/14/life/world.food.exposition.(wofex).2008.html

No comments:

Post a Comment