Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Lose Weight and Get Healthy with Redox Fat

By Chef Ed Dychauco

Friday, March 26, 2010

I USED to be skinny as a child. My parents were worried because I didn’t seem to gain weight even if I ate a lot. My siblings were “healthier” compared to me. My dad used to tease me by singing “do re mi fa sol la ti do” while touching my rib cage! I would not say I was undernourished, I was just thin.

When I started college, I started to gain weight and everyone was thrilled because I am starting to look a lot better, plus I can also wear my brother’s clothes! I wonder if it’s because I have been eating more variety of foods or I am just beginning to catch up with my brothers and sisters’ sizes.

Click here for Election 2010 updates

From a waistline of 22, it went up to 40 plus in a span of 20 years! And that wasn’t healthy indeed. Being young and care free, we just eat and eat anything, not minding what we will become in the future. But as we mature, we learn to know the real and scientific facts about foods and its consequences.

We were always told this “you are what you eat” and now I am feeling the effects of it. I am a bit overweight for my age and height. I have experienced hypertension, elevated cholesterol and triglyceride levels, fatty liver, etc. which are not a welcome effect as we age.

Being in the food business makes it harder for me to lose weight. Yes I kept myself busy doing daily chores but I guess it is not enough to build a healthy result. I walk and that’s the most I can do. I didn’t feel good after a trip to San Francisco a few years back because I got tired easily. When I got home, I had my routine check up and learned that I am now “sick”, I started to look for ways and means to get healthy “again”.

I started to eat healthy, although I get to splurge once in a while. I start my day with a bowl of oatmeal, with just a bit of chocolate (for flavor) but not sugar. I saw my dad eating this for a long time and felt like I am my dad now! It took quite a while to get to like the bland oatmeal. But having it with a piece of toast seems to make it taste better.

During one of my culinary activities at the World Trade Center in Manila a year back, I got the chance to meet & befriend Mr. Vic Octaviano of ATC (Alternative Therapeutic Care) Health Care who was manning the booth during the WOFEX activities. I was initially looking for garlic oil pills (it is said to be good to lower cholesterol levels) but ended up learning more about ATC’s all natural health remedies.

I was given two boxes of Redox Fat. I took them and experienced a lot of physical & physiological changes in my body. After 3 months, I decided for another check up and was so ecstatic to hear that my cholesterol & triglyceride levels has dropped to normal limits, so with my SGOT & SGPT (liver function tests). Not only that, I also lost some unhealthy pounds. I look better, I feel better.

And what is Redox Fat? It is a dietary supplement that is made of L-Carnitine + Green Tea Extract. L-Carnitine is a natural antioxidant that promotes Fat Metabolism. It is synthesized in the liver by humans and has been shown to have a remarkable effect in the cellular metabolism of fat by transferring fatty acids to sources of energy. It is also a popular supplement that promotes growth and development, including fat-burning, increasing energy and improving resistance to muscle fatigue.

Green Tea (Camella Sinensis) Extract is bioflavonoid rich and one of its main uses is fighting free radicals in the body. It contains high levels of polyphenols and also a rich source of EGCG (another anti oxidant), that is over 200 times more potent than Vitamin E in fighting free radicals and pro-oxidants. Green Tea is said to have many health benefits including lowering cholesterol, boosting immune system and helps prevent cavities and tooth decay.

Other benefits include: lowering blood Triglyceride levels, improve muscle strength, improve sperm mobility and increases pregnancy potential and stimulates heart activity and decrease cholesterol level in blood.

Each capsule contains 150 mg of green tea and 350 mg of L-Carnitine and is available in box of 30 capsules for only P388.50, which makes it at P12.95/capsule. Compared to other leading brand in the market, I can positively say it gives you the value for your money. Recommended dosage is 2-3 capsules daily.

A lot of friends and acquaintances have tried and continued to use this supplement because they have seen the changes in themselves. Some uses them just before they exercise and accordingly, they perspire more but still have the stamina to continue for a period of time. I have been taking them regularly after meals. The effect is clearly seen especially after a “heavy” meal where “oil” is discharged several hours after. There is clearly a better and regular bowel movement daily where fats and toxins are eliminated.

This is not a “cure-all” or miracle pill to lose weight, but if other ways fail, why not give this a shot? Just remember to eat sensibly. Exercise and see your doctor regularly.

Since this is all natural and BFAD-approved, there is no need to worry. However, it would still be best to consult your doctor regarding your intake of Redox Fat or any other supplements.

Step into sexiness! Get healthy, look good and feel better!

***

Redox Fat is available at leading drugstores. For more info, you can email me at potsnpans1976@yahoo.com or visit Pots & Pans Home Bake & Coffee Shop.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/cagayan-de-oro/lose-weight-and-get-healthy-redox-fat

No comments:

Post a Comment